Rules and Regulations for TechIdeaSpace
TechIdeaSpace is an initiative of NCB and MTCI to help nascent Technology Start-ups with innovative/ creative ideas to TURN into successful businesses.
1. How to register for TechIdeaSpace
• To participate for the TechIdeaSpace, all the participants must form a team of a minimum of 2 and up to a maximum of 4 members.
• Every team must have a Team leader and a Team Name.
• The team leader will be the main point of contact for each Team.
• To register for TechIdeaSpace you just have to fill up:
- The online form which can be accessed here
and submit it OR
- The registration form which can be downloaded here
and email it to email@example.com
- The registration form which can be requested by mail and forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
• The filled TechIdeaSpace submission form must be sent by mail to email@example.com
• NO FEE is required to participate for TechIdeaSpace.
2. Confidentiality and Intellectual Property Guidelines
• The participating teams will retain all rights and or Intellectual Properties to their Business Ideas, Business Models and other documents prepared during the TechIdeaSpace Boot Camp. (Business Plan, Financial Forecasts, Pitching of IDEA, Executive Summary and Financial forecasts)
• Copies of all forms submitted for the TechIdeaSpace will be kept strictly confidential by NCB staff, members of the TechIdeaSpace committee and all judges on the judging panel.
• Oral presentations and Q&A sessions during the Finals are open to NCB, the organisers, fellow participants and invited guests during the Finals. As such, NCB, the organisers and the panel of judges shall not be held responsible for any information discussed or revealed during the Pitching sessions that will likely to enter the public domain.
• By participating to TechIdeaSpace, you grant organizers to publicise the name of participants through media and events of the organizer’s and on websites and social network.
3. What are the eligibility criteria to participate for theTechIdeaSpace?
The TechIdeaSpace is open to all Tertiary Students, Undergraduates, Graduates, Postgraduates, Researchers, IT/ ITES Professionals, Secondary students and aspiring Start-ups who have Innovative/ creative ideas
To join the TechIdeaSpace, participants should be Mauritian and meet the following criteria:
i. All Business Idea submissions must be in the areas of Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
ii. Only innovative/creative Business Ideas which will be implemented in Mauritius will be evaluated and accepted.
iii. The Team Leader or at least one other member in each Team must have an IT background or have the necessary knowledge/skills to develop the prototype of the idea proposed.
iv. TechIdeaSpace Organising Members and NCB Staff members are not eligible to participate.
4. Team Composition
The team should comprise of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 members with any combination of Tertiary Students, Undergraduates, Graduates, Postgraduates, Researchers, IT/ ITES Professionals, Secondary students and Aspiring Start-ups who are willing to turn their innovative ideas to Business.
5. Submission Guidelines
All TechIdeaSpace submission forms must be in accordance with the document templates provided by Technopreneurship Unit at http://technopreneur.ncb.mu
or sent to you by mail.
All submissions for TechideaSpace must include:
The Idea Submission form which will be sent to you once your registration has been validated as per the TechIdeaSpace requirements.
Any attached documents should be submitted in either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat PDF, according to the following document settings:
o Paper size: A4.o Paper size: A4.
o Paper orientation: Portrait (except where the inclusion of tables and graphs necessitate the landscape format).
o Margins: Top and Bottom at 1 inch, Left and Right at 1.25 inches.
o Font type: Times New Roman.
o Font Size: size 12pt (headings may be of a bigger font size).
o Line spacing: 1.15.
Submissions must adhere to timelines mentioned for TechIdeaSpace.
The TechIdeaSpace organising Members reserve the right to disqualify:
· Any team that do not adhere to these terms and conditions.
· Participants who compete in more than one team.
· Team where communication is being done by other team members.
7. Templates and other Documents
The templates and other documents requested at each stage will be submitted to your Team as and when you have made it for the next stage.