What is AppCampus looking for?
Broadly, the criteria are:
- Innovative. First-to-Market
- Not already in competing app marketplaces or building the app on a competitive platform. Note that your existing app may qualify if you enhance your app significantly on the Windows Phone platform by taking full advantage of the Windows Phone platform capability.
- Supports key features as they become available (for example maps, location-awareness, camera, near-field communications, accelerometer, Live Tiles, push notification, in-app purchase, in-app advertising, in-app analytic, try-buy, and subscriptions).
- Design elegance, technical quality and performance (proto, mock-up, design documents).
- Potential to drive momentum (promoting mobile user experience, new areas of mobile usage, mobile business innovation etc.)
Of particular interest are companies that are also developing on other Microsoft technologies, including Windows 8 and Windows Azure, Microsoft’s Cloud Computing Platform. To qualify, start-ups need to be members of BizSpark.
For further details how to join and become members of BizSpark