The ICT Innovative Business Idea Competition 2017 is to attract and encourage the innovative minds from our University students by challenging their creativity and capacity to come up with Innovative Business IDEAS in ICT, focussing particularly in the creation of the next big Innovative ICT Solutions to solve life real problems and to improve daily life of citizens.
1. How to enter the Competition
- To participate in The ICT Innovative Business Idea Competition 2017, all the participants must preferably form a team of University Students of a minimum of 2 and up to a maximum of 4 members.
- Every team must have a team leader and a team name.
- The team leader can register his/ her idea by filling up and submitting the Online Registration Form or by filling up the downloadable form available at http://technopreneur.ncb.mu and submitting it by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once the registration form has been validated an IDEA form will be sent by mail to the team leader.
- The Registration form is available online or you can click here to download it.
- The closing date for submission of IDEA form is 7th February 2018.
- NO FEE is required to participate in the Competition.
2. Confidentiality and Intellectual Property Guidelines
- The participating teams will retain all rights to their Ideas or Intellectual Properties.
- Copies of IDEA Form/ Business Model/ Business Plan and Financial Forecasts/ Live Presentation templates will be submitted during the different stages of the Competition and will be kept strictly confidential by NCB staff, and all judges on the judging panel.
- Live presentations and Q&A sessions during the Finals are open to the Jury Members organisers, fellow participants and invited guests during the Finals. As such, the organisers and the panel of judges shall not be held responsible for any information discussed or revealed during the Finals that will likely to enter the public domain.
3. What are the eligibility criteria to participate in The ICT Innovative Business
Idea Competition 2017 for University Students
To participate in this competition, applications should meet the following criteria:
- All Business Idea must be in the areas of Information, Communication and Technology (ICT).
- The ICT Innovative Business Idea Competition 2017 is open to all University Students: undergraduates, graduates, postgraduates and researchers.
- Partnering with a foreign student or researcher is allowed as long as 2/3 of the team composition, production and ownership of the Business Idea are local.
- The ICT Innovative Business Idea Competition Organizing Committee Members, NCB Staff members, University staff members are not eligible to participate in this competition.
- Each Team/ Individual can only enter the competition once, with one submission.
- At least one member in each team must be doing or has completed an ICT course or has a degree or is enrolled for a Masters/ Research in ICT course in a University or has the necessary knowledge/ skills to develop the prototype of the idea proposed. Other members of the Team can be from any course which you feel will add value to your Innovative IDEA.
4. Team Composition
The team should comprise of a minimum of 2 and up to a maximum of 4 members,
with any combination of University students: undergraduates, graduates, postgraduates
and Researchers, with the aim to present the best innovative idea for the competition.
5. Submission Guidelines
- All Online submissions are to be in pdf format.
- All softcopy documents should be submitted in the following setting:
- Paper size: A4.
- Paper orientation: Portrait (except where the inclusion of tables and graphs
necessitate the landscape format).
- Margins: Top and Bottom at 1 inch, Left and Right at 1.25 inches.
- Font type: Times New Roman.
- Font Size: size 12pt (headings may be of a bigger font size).
- Line spacing: 1.15.
- Submissions must adhere to timelines mentioned for the competition.
- Participants must write their names only where requested on the Forms.
- They must avoid using their name as Name of Team.
The Competition Organising Committee reserves the right to disqualify any team that do not adhere to these guidelines.
7. Templates and other Documents
Once your ICT Innovative Business Idea Competition Registration form is validated you will be invited to submit the IDEA form which will be sent to you by mail. Moreover as and when the Team will make for next stage, template and submission dates will be informed by mail to the team leader.