NO FEE is required to participate in the Competition.
2. Confidentiality and Intellectual Property Guidelines
- The participating teams will retain all rights to their Ideas or Intellectual Properties.
- Copies of Idea Form/ Video Pitch/ Executive summary will be submitted during the different stages of the Competition will be kept strictly confidential by NCB and all judges on the judging panel.
- Live presentations and Q&A sessions during the Finals are open to NCB, the organisers, fellow participants and invited guests during the Finals. As such, NCB, the organisers and the panel of judges shall not be held responsible for any information discussed or revealed during the Finals that will likely to enter the public domain.
3. What are the eligibility criteria to participate in The ICT Innovative Business
To participate in this competition, applications should meet the following criteria:
- All Business Idea must be in the areas of Information, Communication and Technology (ICT).
- The ICT Innovative Business Idea Competition is open to all tertiary students, undergraduates, graduates, postgraduates, researchers, IT & ITES Professionals.
- Partnering with a foreign student or researcher is allowed as long as 2/3 of the team composition, production and ownership of the Business Idea are local.
- The ICT Innovative Business Idea Competition Organizing Committee Members and NCB Staff members are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Each Team/ Individual can only enter the competition once, with one submission.
- At least one member in each team must have an IT background or have the necessary knowledge/ skills to develop the prototype of the idea proposed.
4. Team Composition
The team should comprise of a minimum of 2 and up to a maximum of 4 members with any combination of tertiary students, undergraduates, graduates, postgraduates, researchers, Start-ups, IT and ITES professionals with the aim to present the best innovative idea for Mauritius.
5. Submission Guidelines
All Online submissions are to be in pdf format.
All softcopy documents should be submitted in the following setting:
- Paper size: A4.
- Paper orientation: Portrait (except where the inclusion of tables and graphs necessitate the landscape format).
- Margins: Top and Bottom at 1 inch, Left and Right at 1.25 inches.
- Font type: Times New Roman.
- Font Size: size 12pt (headings may be of a bigger font size).
- Line spacing: 1.15.
Submissions must adhere to timelines mentioned for the competition.
The Competition Organising Committee reserves the right to disqualify any team that do not adhere to these guidelines.
7. Templates and other Documents
Once your ICT Innovative Business Idea Competition Registration form is validated you will be invited to submit the Idea form and Video Pitch which will be sent to you by mail.