General Questions about The ICT Innovative Business Idea Competition
· What is The ICT Innovative Business Idea Competition?
The ICT Innovative Business Idea Competition is to attract and encourage the innovative minds from our tertiary students, graduates, undergraduates, postgraduates; Researchers, Start-Ups, IT and ITES professionals to create a new type of successful Technopreneurs in Mauritius and to bring solutions that can improve lives of the Mauritian Citizens through the use of technology.
· What is the aim of The ICT Innovative Business Idea Competition?
The aim of the competition is to create a new type of successful Technopreneurs that take charge of their own destinies to become their own boss and create employment opportunities for the good of the community. Moreover, the aim is also to bring forward innovative solutions that can improve the life of Citizens through the use of technology.
· When will The ICT Innovative Business Idea Competition takes place?
Registration to participate in the competition will be open as from the 19th of September 2016. Once your registration is validated, an idea form and video pitch form will be sent by mail to the team leader. Deadline for submission of idea form and Video Pitch is on the 17th of October 2016. Information about exact dates will be provided by mail.
· Who can participate for The ICT Innovative Business Idea Competition?
The ICT Innovative Business Idea Competition is open to teams comprising of any combination of Tertiary students, Undergraduates, Graduates, Postgraduates, Researchers, Start-Ups, IT and ITES professionals.
· What about the teams?
Your Team must have a Name and a Team Leader. The Team Leader must be the representative of the team and will be the contact person in case of necessity regarding The ICT Innovative Business Idea Competition.
· How many team members should you have?
Your team should comprise of a minimum of 2 members and up to a maximum of 4 members.
· What background I must have to participate?
As the competition welcomes Business Idea in ICT, at least one member must have an IT background or have the knowledge/ skills to develop the prototype of the idea, followed by other members from any other background which you feel will add value to your idea.
· Why should we participate as a team?
Working as a team makes it easier for you to brainstorm on your idea. This also helps in building trust, in fostering creativity & learning as well as in encouraging healthy risk-taking.
· The Competition welcomes which types of ideas?
The Competition welcomes Innovative business ideas related to Information and Communication Technology focusing particularly in the development of tools that will improve lives by making it easier for citizens of Mauritius to receive innovative services/ solutions to improve Mauritians’ access to smart services through the use of technology.
· How should I participate in The ICT Innovative Business Idea Competition?
To participate in The ICT Innovative Business Idea Competition there is need for a team of a minimum of 2 and up to a maximum of 4 members.
The team leader must fill and submit registration form for validation. Once the registration form is validated, you will be invited to submit the Idea
form and Video pitch by the 17th of October 2016.
- How many stages The ICT Innovative Business Idea Competition have?
The Competition will be conducted in 3 stages
Registration and Validation
Starting 19th September 2016
|Closing date for Submission of idea Forms & Video Pitch
17th October 2016
Screening of application & selection of best Innovative ideas
|Selection of Teams based on video
|Assistance to improve Executive Summary/ live
Submission of Executive Summary
Assessment & Selection of Teams for Live presentation
|Live presentation of project to select award winning Team.
By end of Nov 2016
· What are the objectives of The ICT Innovative Business Idea Competition?
The objectives of The ICT innovative Business Idea Competition are:
· To encourage the development of innovative & creative start-ups in Mauritius.
· To provide exposure and knowledge of key competencies required in becoming successful Technopreneurs.
· To encourage Tertiary Students, Graduates, Postgraduates, Researchers, IT and ITES professionals from diverse backgrounds, team up, share
their business ideas and leverage on technology and business competencies to bring the next big idea in ICT for Mauritius.their business ideas and leverage on technology and business competencies to bring the next big idea in ICT for Mauritius.
· To identify commercially viable ideas for development into Technopreneurs.
· What will be the prizes for the winners?
The Winners will take with them the following Prizes:
Ø Grand Prize Rs200,000/-
Ø Second Prize Rs100,000/-
Ø Third Prize Rs50,000/-
Ø Merit Prize Rs50,000/-
Ø Jury Prize Rs50,000/-
· What are the submission dates?
All the Registration Forms should be submitted to National Computer Board at your earliest, following registration is open. Once your Registration Form is validated you will be invited to submit the Idea Form and video pitch which will be sent to you by mail. All the Idea Forms and Video Pitch should reach The NCB Technopreneurship Programme by 17th October 2016. All other dates will be informed by mail.
· What should I do if I do not have Internet Access at home?
You can also access internet from any one of the following Public Internet Access Points
(PIAPS) situated in 95 Posts offices around the island as per link given with the exception
in Black River, Case Noyale, Flacq, Pointe aux Sables, Postal Museum, Riviere du Post
and Tombeau Bay.
· What are the submission guidelines?
All ICT Business Ideas must be in accordance with The ICT Innovative Business Competition Idea Forms and Video pitch that will be sent to you by mail.
· When the Final & Award Ceremony will take place?
The Final & Award Ceremony will take place during the Infotech 2016