Guidelines for participation to ICT Business Idea Competition
The ICT Business Idea Competition is to attract the innovative minds of Mauritians by challenging their creativity and capacity in Business, Science and Technology.
1. How to enter the Competition
To participate in the ICT Business Idea Competition, all the participants must preferably form a team of up to a maximum of 4 members. However, if you feel that you will be able to submit your business idea and business plan as an individual and you do not require a team then you can participate as an individual.
Every team must have a team leader and a team name. In case you are participating as an Individual, then you will be the Team Leader and you will require a project name.
- The team leader (in case you have a team) or the Individual (if you are participating as an Individual) must fill the Online Registration form and submit to the NCB by 16th October 2013.
- NO FEE is required to participate in the Competition.
2. Confidentiality and Intellectual Property Guidelines
- The participating teams will retain all rights to their Business Ideas, Business Plans and or Intellectual Properties.
- Copies of Business Ideas and Business Plans submitted for the Pre-Qualification and Finals phases of the Competition will be kept strictly confidential by NCB and all judges on the judging panel.
- Oral presentations and Q&A sessions during the Finals are open to NCB, the organisers, fellow participants and invited guests during the Finals. As such, NCB, the organisers and the panel of judges shall not be held responsible for any information discussed or revealed during the Finals that will likely to enter the public domain.
3. What are the eligibility criteria to participate in the ICT Business Idea Competition?
To participate in this competition, applications should meet the following criteria:
- All Business Idea submissions must be in the areas of Information Communication and Technology (ICT).
- Each Team/ Individual can only enter the competition once, with one submission.
- The Team lead or at least one other team member must have an IT background.
- In case you are participating as an Individual, then you must have an IT background.
- The ICT Business Idea Competition is open to all undergraduates, graduates, postgraduates, researchers, IT & ITES Professionals, academics and non-academics.
- Partnering with a foreign student or researcher is allowed as long as 2/3 of the team composition, production and ownership of the Business Idea are local.
- ICT Business Idea Competition Organizing Committee Members and NCB Staff members are not eligible to participate in the competition.
4. Team Composition
The team should comprise of up to a maximum of 4 members with any combination of undergraduates, graduates, postgraduates, researchers, IT and ITES professionals academics and non-academics.
5. Submission Guidelines
All Business Idea/ Business Plan submissions must be in accordance with the document templates provided at www.technopreneur.ncb.mu
or sent to you by mail.
All submissions for ICT Business Idea Competition must include:
- One set of softcopy as per the ICT Business Idea Competition Online Submission Form which will be sent to you once your Registration Form has been validated and
- One set of hardcopy documents format in either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat PDF, according to the following document settings:
- Paper size: A4.
- Paper orientation: Portrait (except where the inclusion of tables and graphs necessitate the landscape format).
- Margins: Top and Bottom at 1 inch, Left and Right at 1.25 inches.
- Font type: Times New Roman.
- Font Size: size 12pt (headings may be of a bigger font size).
- Line spacing: 1.15.
Submissions must adhere to timelines mentioned for the competition.
The Competition Organising Committee reserves the right to disqualify any team that do not adhere to these guidelines.
7. Templates and other Documents
Once your ICT Business Idea Competition Registration form is validated you will be invited to submit the ICT Business Idea Competition Submission Form which will be sent to you by mail.